Based on the northern style of traditional Thai Massage, Thai Yoga Bodywork is a sacred healing treatment that integrates Yoga, Ayurveda (the Indian healing method that means “science of life”), and Buddhism. The first roots of this ancient system date back to over 2,500 years ago at the time of Buddha. Unique from other types of bodywork and massage, Thai Yoga Bodywork is a form of Yoga that combines rhythmic massage, assisted Yoga poses, healing energy work, and meditation. Client and practitioner wear loose fitting clothing to facilitate fluid movement and mobility while reclining comfortably on a plush mat. Allow your mind and body to be stretched and opened as you move through an experience that connects mind and body and enlivens the spirit.
What are the Benefits of Thai Yoga Bodywork?
- Circulation System: Improving blood circulation, lowers the heart rate, increases the temperature in the area being massage, increases lymphatic circulation and reduces edema (swelling).
- Musculoskeletal System: Improving muscle strength and effectiveness, relieves muscle tension, removes toxins from the muscle mass, relaxes the tendons and enhances elasticity, increases joint mobility and flexibility, and reduces stiffness.
- Nervous System: Stimulates and improves activity of the nerves and sensations with effects of reducing pain, enhancing sensation to the skin, and improving the function of the internal organs such as stomach, intestines, etc.
- Respiratory System: Improves depth of breathing and relaxation.
- Digestive System: Increases elasticity of digestive tract and stomach movement prevents and relieves indigestion.
Information extracted from Thai Massage the Thai Way: Healing Body and Mind.